Giants vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 26
The San Diego Padres (77-80) visit the San Francisco Giants (78-79) at 9:45 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Padres will give the nod to Seth Lugo (7-7, 3.79 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 8 on the season, and the Giants will turn to Kyle Harrison (1-1, 4.85 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Giants vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Time: 9:45 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Venue: Oracle Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Lugo - SD (7-7, 3.79 ERA) vs Harrison - SF (1-1, 4.85 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Giants Injury Report|
|Padres vs Giants Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Padres vs Giants|
|Padres vs Giants Odds|
|Padres vs Giants Prediction|
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kyle Harrison
- Harrison makes the start for the Giants, his seventh of the season. He is 1-1 with a 4.85 ERA and 31 strikeouts in 29 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Friday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 22-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.85, with 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings in six games this season. Opponents are hitting .250 against him.
- Harrison is looking to collect his second quality start of the year.
- Harrison has four starts this year that he pitched five or more innings.
- He has had one outing this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
Kyle Harrison vs. Padres
- The opposing Padres offense has the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.416) and ranks 13th in home runs hit (202) in all of MLB. They have a collective .244 batting average, and are 20th in the league with 1274 total hits and 13th in MLB play scoring 732 runs.
- In 5 2/3 innings over one appearance against the Padres this season, Harrison has a 9.53 ERA and a 1.412 WHIP while his opponents are batting .273.
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Seth Lugo
- Lugo (7-7) will take to the mound for the Padres and make his 26th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in six innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 33-year-old has pitched to a 3.79 ERA this season with 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.2 walks per nine across 25 games.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Lugo has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has four appearances with no earned runs allowed in 25 chances this season.
Seth Lugo vs. Giants
- The Giants rank 26th in MLB with a .238 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 25th in the league (.387) and 169 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Giants two times this season, allowing them to go 6-for-38 with three doubles and an RBI in 11 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.