Giants vs. Dodgers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 22
The San Francisco Giants (76-77) will try to stop a three-game losing streak when visiting the Los Angeles Dodgers (94-58) at 10:10 PM ET on Friday.
The Dodgers will look to Caleb Ferguson (7-3) against the Giants and Sean Manaea (6-6).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Giants vs. Dodgers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Time: 10:10 PM ET
- TV: Apple TV+
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Venue: Dodger Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Ferguson - LAD (7-3, 2.88 ERA) vs Manaea - SF (6-6, 4.73 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Giants Injury Report|
|Dodgers vs Giants Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Dodgers vs Giants|
|Dodgers vs Giants Odds|
|Dodgers vs Giants Prediction|
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Sean Manaea
- Manaea (6-6) takes the mound first for the Giants in his ninth start of the season. He has a 4.73 ERA in 104 2/3 innings pitched, with 118 strikeouts.
- The lefty last pitched on Sunday against the Colorado Rockies, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 4.73, with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 35 games this season. Opponents have a .236 batting average against him.
- Manaea has registered one quality start this year.
- Manaea will try to pitch five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He's averaging three innings per outing.
- In 11 of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
Sean Manaea vs. Dodgers
- He will face off against a Dodgers offense that ranks 11th in the league with 1331 total hits (on a .257 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .459 (second in the league) with 238 total home runs (second in MLB action).
- Manaea has thrown 3 2/3 innings, giving up four earned runs on four hits while striking out six against the Dodgers this season.
Dodgers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Caleb Ferguson
- The Dodgers' Ferguson (7-3) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run in one inning pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Detroit Tigers.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 2.88 ERA this season with 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.4 walks per nine across 63 games.
- Ferguson has not earned a quality start in five starts this season.
- In five starts this season, Ferguson has yet to pitch five or more innings. He averages 0.9 frames per appearance.
- He has finished 52 appearances without allowing an earned run in 63 chances this season.
Caleb Ferguson vs. Giants
- The Giants rank 22nd in MLB with 657 runs scored this season. They have a .239 batting average this campaign with 165 home runs (19th in the league).
- The Giants have gone 1-for-6 in two games against the left-hander this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.