Giants vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 9
The San Francisco Giants (32-30) will try to keep a three-game win streak going when they host the Chicago Cubs (26-36) at 10:15 PM ET on Friday.
The Giants will look to Anthony DeSclafani (4-5) versus the Cubs and Marcus Stroman (6-4).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Giants vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, June 9, 2023
- Time: 10:15 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-BA
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Venue: Oracle Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: DeSclafani - SF (4-5, 3.97 ERA) vs Stroman - CHC (6-4, 2.39 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Giants Injury Report|
|Giants vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Giants vs Cubs Player Props|
|Giants vs Cubs Odds|
|Giants vs Cubs Prediction|
|How to Watch Giants vs Cubs|
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Anthony DeSclafani
- The Giants' DeSclafani (4-5) will make his 13th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Sunday, when he tossed three innings while giving up five earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.97 and 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .248 in 12 games this season.
- He has six quality starts in 12 chances this season.
- DeSclafani has 11 starts of five or more innings this season in 12 chances. He averages 5.8 innings per outing.
- In 12 appearances this season, he has finished two without allowing an earned run.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Marcus Stroman
- Stroman gets the start for the Cubs, his 14th of the season. He is 6-4 with a 2.39 ERA and 68 strikeouts over 79 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the righty tossed six innings against the San Diego Padres, allowing no earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 2.39, with 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 13 games this season. Opponents have a .186 batting average against him.
- Stroman is aiming to claim his fifth quality start in a row in this outing.
- Stroman will try to continue a five-game streak of going five or more innings (he's averaging 6.1 innings per outing).
- He is looking to make his third straight outing with no earned runs allowed.
- The 32-year-old ranks eighth in ERA (2.39), 10th in WHIP (1.000), and 48th in K/9 (7.7) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.