Giants vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 29
The San Francisco Giants (27-26) host the Pittsburgh Pirates (26-26) to start a three-game series at Oracle Park, with first pitch at 5:05 PM ET on Monday. The Giants are on the back of a series victory over the Brewers, and the Pirates a series loss to the Mariners.
The probable pitchers are Anthony DeSclafani (3-4) for the Giants and Rich Hill (4-4) for the Pirates.
Giants vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Time: 5:05 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-BA
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Venue: Oracle Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: DeSclafani - SF (3-4, 3.43 ERA) vs Hill - PIT (4-4, 4.44 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Giants Injury Report|
|Giants vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Giants vs Pirates Player Props|
|How to Watch Giants vs Pirates|
|Giants vs Pirates Odds|
|Giants vs Pirates Prediction|
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Anthony DeSclafani
- DeSclafani (3-4) will take to the mound for the Giants and make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed five innings while giving up four earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.43, a 5.22 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.044 in 10 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start five times in 10 starts this season.
- DeSclafani will look to finish five or more innings for the 11th start in a row.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Rich Hill
- Hill (4-4) gets the starting nod for the Pirates in his 11th start of the season. He's put together a 4.44 ERA in 52 2/3 innings pitched, with 52 strikeouts.
- The lefty's most recent time out came on Tuesday against the Texas Rangers, when he went 5 1/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 43-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.44, with 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 10 games this season. Opponents are hitting .268 against him.
- Hill enters the outing with four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Hill is seeking his third straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 frames per start.
- This season, the 43-year-old ranks 51st in ERA (4.44), 51st in WHIP (1.386), and 33rd in K/9 (8.9) among qualifying pitchers.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.