Giants vs. Twins Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 23
A pair of pitchers with top-five ERAs will square off when Sonny Gray (1.64 ERA) gets the start for the Minnesota Twins (25-23) versus Alex Cobb (1.94 ERA) and the San Francisco Giants (23-24), on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Twins will send Gray (4-0) to the mound, while Cobb (3-1) will take the ball for the Giants.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Giants vs. Twins Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: BSN
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Venue: Target Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gray - MIN (4-0, 1.64 ERA) vs Cobb - SF (3-1, 1.94 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Giants Injury Report|
|Twins vs Giants Betting Trends & Stats|
|Twins vs Giants Player Props|
|Twins vs Giants Prediction|
|How to Watch Twins vs Giants|
|Twins vs Giants Odds|
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Alex Cobb
- Cobb gets the start for the Giants, his 10th of the season. He is 3-1 with a 1.94 ERA and 44 strikeouts in 51 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, the right-hander tossed 3 1/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In nine games this season, the 35-year-old has an ERA of 1.94, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .277 against him.
- Cobb is trying to pick up his fifth quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Cobb has pitched five or more innings in a game six times this year heading into this outing.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Sonny Gray
- The Twins will hand the ball to Gray (4-0) for his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in four innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 1.64, a 3.16 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.155 in nine games this season.
- He has started nine games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- In nine starts this season, Gray has lasted five or more innings eight times, with an average of 5.5 innings per appearance.
- The 33-year-old's 1.64 ERA ranks first, 1.155 WHIP ranks 31st, and 10.9 K/9 ranks eighth among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.