Giants vs. Marlins Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
The San Francisco Giants (21-24) and Miami Marlins (24-22) play a rubber match on Sunday at 4:05 PM ET, with the series deadlocked at 1-1.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Giants will send Alex Wood to the mound, while Jesus Luzardo (3-2) will get the nod for the Marlins.
Giants vs. Marlins Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-BA
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Venue: Oracle Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wood - SF (0-0, 2.87 ERA) vs Luzardo - MIA (3-2, 3.16 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Giants Injury Report|
|Giants vs Marlins Betting Trends & Stats|
|Giants vs Marlins Player Props|
|How to Watch Giants vs Marlins|
|Giants vs Marlins Odds|
|Giants vs Marlins Prediction|
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Alex Wood
- The Giants will send Wood (0-0) to the mound for his fifth start this season.
- The left-hander's last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 2.87 and 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .242 in five games this season.
Alex Wood vs. Marlins
- The Marlins rank 14th in MLB with a .247 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 22nd in the league (.382) and 41 home runs.
- The Marlins have gone 1-for-7 with a double and an RBI in 2 1/3 innings this season against the left-hander.
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jesús Luzardo
- Luzardo makes the start for the Marlins, his 10th of the season. He is 3-2 with a 3.16 ERA and 55 strikeouts in 51 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday against the Washington Nationals, the lefty tossed six innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- During nine games this season, the 25-year-old has a 3.16 ERA and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .266 to opposing batters.
- Luzardo is trying to claim his third quality start in a row in this game.
- Luzardo will try to extend a five-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.7 frames per appearance).
- The 25-year-old ranks 25th in ERA (3.16), 58th in WHIP (1.364), and 25th in K/9 (9.6) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Jesús Luzardo vs. Giants
- The opposing Giants offense has the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.408) and ranks sixth in home runs hit (63) in all of MLB. They have a collective .240 batting average, and are 22nd in the league with 363 total hits and 21st in MLB action scoring 194 runs.
- Luzardo has a 6.23 ERA and a 1.846 WHIP against the Giants this season in 4 1/3 innings pitched, allowing a .316 batting average over one appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.