KOLO 8 News Now has an immediate opening for a part-time weekend news editor. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, geared toward a high-paced news environment. This is an entry-level position with high potential to advance within the company.
- Edit video throughout the day for live newscasts under tight deadlines, as directed by the news producers, chief photographer and executive producer.
- Send and receive feeds from photographers and reporters for quick turnaround.
- Post and update multi-media content on www.kolotv.com, Facebook, Twitter and other digital platforms as assigned.
- Manage transfer of video through FTP, satellite, and microwave.
- Maintain editing systems and archives.
- Assist newsroom personnel with questions and problems with editing system
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- College degree in journalism, related field or equivalent job experience.
- Familiarity with Grass Valley Edius and ENPS a plus.
- Willing to reside within 30 minutes of station.
- Able to work nights, weekends or overnights, as well as flexibility to work overtime during breaking news situations.
- A clean DMV record is required.
- KOLO-TV / Gray Television has a no-tolerance drug policy and conducts both pre-employment and random drug screens.
Salary based on experience.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES ELECTRONICALLY. Click here
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KOLO-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing. EOE Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies. KOLO-TV/Gray Televisions Group, Inc. Participates in E-Verify.