Reno, Nevada – The Aces bats were in midseason form in Tuesday’s 13-1 exhibition win over the Nevada Wolf Pack. All 13 runs scored by Reno came courtesy of the long ball. Second baseman, Rob Refsnyder, led the way with a two-run home run, then added a grand slam the very next inning. Shortstop, Domingo Leyba, also had two home runs and on the night and left fielder Andrew Aplin had grand slam of his own.
Five Aces took the mound tonight allowing just three hits. The lone Wolf Pack run came off the bat of the sophomore infielder, Joshua Zamora, on a home run that hit off the left-field scoreboard. Taylor Clarke is slated to take the ball to open the season, Thursday, when the Aces take on the Fresno Grizzlies on the road at 7:05 p.m.
Top Performers - Reno
• Rob Refsnyder (3-for-4, 2 HR, 6 RBI)
• Domingo Leyba (2-for-3, 2 HR, 3 RBI)
• Andrew Aplin (2-for-3, Grand Slam)
Top Performers – Wolf Pack
• Joshua Zamora (1-for-3, HR)
• Matt Clayton (1-for-3, 1B)
• Jaylon McLaughlin ( 1-for-3, 2B)