Welding leads to fire in Sparks apartment

By  | 
View Map

SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO) - Sparks Fire investigators say welding by a maintenance crew led to a fire that damaged an apartment Tuesday.

Flames were reported about noon December 26, 2017 at the complex at 1215 Sullivan Lane. Flames spread from a wall to an attic, and there is water damage from water pipes that were being welded.

A handful of nearby units were evacuated during the firefight. Now that the fire is out, the occupants of the damaged unit are displaced, at least temporarily.

No injuries have been reported.