SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO) - A warehouse on Lillard Drive in Sparks was evacuated Thursday morning after a truck caught fire, but employees have returned to work.
Sparks Fire says it was reported just before 7 a.m. Thursday, December 15, 2016. Fire crews found a vehicle and nearby landscape on fire. People at 475 Lillard Drive were evacuated while crews put out the fire. There was no damage to the building and no injuries reported. There was only minor damage to a nearby fence.
Sparks Fire says high winds drove the fire. They say one spark from the sort of winds we are seeing can have a devastating impact.
Lillard Drive was shut down while crews investigated, but has been reopened. The cause of the fire has not been determined.