West Sparks funeral home a complete loss after fire

Published: Sep. 23, 2016 at 4:18 PM PDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

The Sparks Fire Department reports it is still investigating the cause of a fire that destroyed a Walton Funeral Home and Cremations building at 1745 Sullivan Lane.

Everyone was out of the building when the first firefighters arrived, the fire department said. The fire was outside of the building and moving into the eves.

The Sparks Fire Department sent 27 personnel, including five fire engines and two ladder trucks; The Reno Fire Department sent 16 personnel, including two engines and one ladder truck; the Reno Fire Department and Storey County Fire Department provided engines to cover stations in Sparks while their engines were at the fire.

Sullivan Lane was closed for several hours due to the fire.