RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - Our community is urged to help people in need this holiday season by helping RTC Stuff A Bus with food items Wednesday, December 5 and Thursday, December 6. The RTC will have a bus at Sam's Club at 4835 Kietzke Lane in Reno from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. to collect non-perishable food items.
Suggested food items include:
• Canned Meals: Stews, Soups, Spaghetti/Ravioli (Low-Sodium Preferred)
• Protein: Peanut Butter, Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Dried or Canned Beans
• Grains: Whole Grain Cereal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Pasta
• Fruits: Canned (Packed in 100% Juice or Light Syrup), Dried Fruit, Applesauce (No Sugar Added), 100% Fruit Juice Boxes
• Vegetables: Canned (No Salt Added and/or Low-Sodium Preferred)
• Dairy: Shelf Stable Milk
• Kid-friendly Snacks: Granola Bars, Popcorn, Animal Crackers, Graham Crackers
• Baby Products: Formula, Infant Cereal, Baby Food
Food donations will also be accepted at RTC transit stations Monday, December 3 through Thursday, December 6.
The donations will be given to the Food Bank of Northern Nevada.