Sparks Fire removes hazardous materials at home

By  | 
View Map

SPARKS, NV (KOLO)-- 12:15 p.m. update: A home on Mount Bachelor Drive in Sparks is considered safe after the Sparks Fire Department removed cleaning supplies that overwhelmed two people there.

The scene of a hazardous materials investigation on Mount Bachelor Drive in Sparks. Photo by Abel Garcia/KOLO.

The people were cleaning inside the home Sunday morning when both people had difficulty breathing. One was taken to a hospital for treatment, the Sparks Fire Department said. The other was treated at the scene.

That prompted the Sparks Fire Department to send hazmat teams into the home to make it safe.

Original story: The Sparks Fire Department is investigating a possible hazardous materials incident at the south end of Spanish Springs Valley on Sunday morning.

The incident is in the 4500 block of Mount Bachelor Drive near Vista Boulevard and Disc Drive and they ask people to avoid the area.

The fire department is on scene and monitoring the situation.

Copyright KOLO-TV 2019


The scene of a hazardous materials investigation on Mount Bachelor Drive in Sparks. Photo by Abel Garcia/KOLO.