One displaced in Sun Valley mobile home fire

By  | 
View Map

SUN VALLEY, Nev. (KOLO) - Crews with the Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District extinguished a mobile home fire that investigators say was started by a wood-burning stove.

It started around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at a home on Applegate Drive near Sun Valley Boulevard and E. 8th Avenue.

Authorities say the fire spread to the ceiling and roof.

One person inside escaped safely and there were no injuries. There was extensive damage to the mobile home and it has been deemed unlivable.