RENO, Nev. (KOLO)-- Nine people have applied to be a Washoe District Court judge. Nevada Supreme Court Justice Mark Gibbons announced Friday.
The Nevada Commission on Judicial Selection will interview them and submit three names to Gov. Steve Sisolak, who will appoint one of them.
The position became vacant with the resignation of Judge David Humke.
The candidates are:
- Gabrielle Jeanne Carr, 53, Sixth Judicial District Court master
- Lee Hand Elkins, 67, Washoe County Public Defender's Office lawyer
- Caren Cafferata Jenkins, 60, Nevada State Board of Optometry attorney
- Jennifer Helen Rains, 41, Washoe County Public Defender's Office attorney
- Tamatha R. Schreinert, 48, Silverman Kattelman Springgate, Chtd. attorney
- Peter Joseph Sferrazza, 73, Reno Justice Court justice of the peace
- Gregory R. Shannon, 63, Washoe District Court master
- Sandra A. Unsworth, 59, private attorney
- Robert Emerson Vinson, Jr., 58, private attorney
The commission will conduct background investigations and interview the candidates April 16 and April 17 in Carson City. The interviews are open to the public.
People can submit letters of reference by 5 p.m. on April 5. Letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Robin Sweet Secretary, Commission on Judicial Selection Nevada Supreme Court 201 S. Carson St., Suite 250 Carson City, Nevada, 89701