St. Mary's Regional Medical Center updates visitor rules
Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center has updated its visitor policy in light of the COVID-19 virus.
Visiting hours will remain the same, which is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m, seven days a week; however, effective immediately, all visi.tors of inpatients will enter the hospital at the Arlington Entrance side door. Visitors of emergency room patients will continue to enter through the ER entrance. Saint Mary’s is only allowing one visitor per patient with the following exceptions:
- Obstetric patients (birthing and post-partum) may have their significant partner accompany them. (NOTE: No visiting hour restrictions for significant other.)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) visitation is limited to parents only. (NOTE: No visiting hour restriction for these visitors.)
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have 2 visitors. (NOTE: No visiting hour restriction for these visitors.)
- Minors under the age of 18 may have either a parent or a guardian.
- Patients who are receiving lodging services as part of their medical treatment plan are excluded from the visitor restriction policy.
Please remember, in all cases the visitor must adhere to the following:
- A visitor must be 12 years old or older (except in extraordinary circumstances)
- Visitors will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath).
- No visitors will be allowed for patients with a pending or positive COVID-19 test.