RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - Thursday, January 11, 2018, the Reno Police Department Motel Improvement Team will hold a training event for motel and hotel owners in Reno to educate them on keeping illegal activity out of their properties. This free training is part of the City of Reno’s Crime Free Multi-Housing Program, which is regularly given to owners and managers of apartment complexes.
The mission of the Motel Improvement Team is to change the environment in and around each motel to create a safe, thriving, healthy and law-abiding neighborhood. The idea is for this to be accomplished through a joint partnership with Reno Code Enforcement and other city departments and agencies within the region.
Some of the subjects that will be covered in this training will include:
• How to reduce criminal activity and calls for service
• Establish relationships with the owners
• Establish responsive motel management
• Make motels safe for tenants, neighbors, managers, and owners
• Ensure children living in motels are receiving an education
• Ensure senior citizens living in motels are receiving services
• Address unfit living conditions
• Educate owners on compliance with laws in regards to State, local, fire, and health regulations
This training will be 8AM to 4PM in the Circus Circus Mandalay Conference Room.