Midtown house fire appears to be accidental

By  | 
View Map

RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - The Reno Fire Department is investigating a fire that ripped through a home on Thoma Street in Midtown. It started just after 10:00 p.m. Sunday, February 10, 2019.

When firefighters got there, they saw flames and smoke coming from the back of the home.

Firefighters say a man and his dog got out safely, but a cat remains missing as of Monday morning.

Investigators say the fire appears to have been accidentally set, either via a malfunctioning propane heater or improperly discarded smoking materials, or a combination of both.

Other homes in the area were threatened, but fire crews kept the flames contained to the one home.