Man dies after torch used to kill bugs starts house fire

By  | 
View Map

HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) - Authorities in a Las Vegas suburb say a 63-year-old man has died following a house fire started when he used a propane torch to exterminate bugs in a crawl space under the home.

The Henderson Fire Department said in a statement said firefighters responding to the fire Tuesday evening removed the man from the crawl space where his use of the torch accidentally ignited combustible materials.

The man's identity will be released by the Clark County Coroner's Office.

The fire displaced a woman and a dog.

(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)