RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - DRIVES ONGOING:
Camp Fire burns down most of Paradise in Northern California Photo: CAL FIRE via MGN
CAPITAL CONTROL SYSTEMS/99.1 FM TALK:
99.1 FM Talk and Capital Control Systems are teaming up to help our neighbors in California, devastated by the Camp Fire. Toiletries, diapers, gift cards, coats, socks and clothing new and used, paper plates and towels. Drop off your donation at Capital Control Systems, 2384 South Curry St. in Carson City. For more information call Capital Control Systems 883-3277 or KKFT at 884-8000.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF NORTHERN NEVADA:
Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada has launched a Disaster Relief initiative to collect needed goods to transport by truck this week, and continuing as needed, to victims of the Camp Fire in Butte County.
Catholic Charities is asking members of the community to take donations to the main campus at 500 E. 4th St to the St. Vincent’s Helping Hands door. Volunteers are on site to receive your donations.
“It is our job to help. When a natural disaster strikes, Catholic Charities not only holds the victims in their prayers, we are called to action to provide boots-on-the-ground assistance. We are asking everyone in our community to drop off donations of warm clothing, blankets, paper goods and toiletries and we will take them directly to those in need,” says Marie Baxter, CEO, Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada.
“We will deliver items to the main donation centers in Oroville and Chico as directed by Butte County officials and through the network of Catholic parishes over the next two weeks, and longer if there is still a need. Our number one job is to help those in need and now is the time,” says Baxter.
Donations that cannot be used in California will be donated to the St. Vincent’s Thrift Store – so 100% of every donation will help those in crisis.
Needed items include:
• Visa giftcards
• Warm clothes (Jackets, hats, gloves)
• Shoes (sizes 8-11 for men, and 7-9 for women, preferably new)
• Paper products (toilet paper, forks, spoons, paper plates, paper towels)
• Toiletries (Toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, soap)
• Women's and Men’s undergarments (new only!)
PROJECT BEAR HUGS:
Project Bear Hugs donations can be shipped to Hannah Hoobyar at 59 Damonte Ranch Pkwy, Ste B269, Reno, NV 89521.
PBH is working to collect needed, and often forgotten, items to help children and families begin to rebuild their lives. Particularly needed items include new or gently-used stuffed animals, bedding, pillows and pillowcases, pet food, diapers and personal hygiene items. PBH will collect for those who have lost their homes as well as the first responders who are working tirelessly to save what they can.
RANCH AND HORSE HELPERS OF RENO/SPARKS:
UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, RENO SYMPHONIC CHORUS:
The Symphonic Chorus is part of a student-led donation drive to help Camp, Hill and Woolsey fire victims in California.
"Dr. Torkelson, our director, was talking to us about the meanings our music could hold for us," said Ashley Andrews, a member of the chorus. "We talked about loss, hardship. Someone brought up the devastation in California."
The Symphonic Chorus is made up of University students, faculty and staff, and community singers.
The chorus is collecting and will deliver to California much-needed donations, including:
• Visa and store gift cards (groceries, supplies, dining, health and wellness care, gas)
• Clothes (coats, jackets, hats, gloves, t-shirts, sweats, underwear, bras, socks, shoes)
• Paper goods (toilet paper, Kleenex, forks, spoons, paper plates, paper towels)
• Baby and child care supplies (diapers, wipes, formula, stuffed animals)
• Toiletries (toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, pads, tampons)
• Towels and bedding (pillows, sleeping bags, blankets, sheets)
• Pet care supplies (beds, leashes, food, bowls, litter)
Donations are accepted Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at:
• St. John's Presbyterian Church, 1070 W. Plumb Lane
• University of Nevada, Reno Music Department, 1664 N. Virginia St. (Virginia Street Gym, second floor, room 100)
ASHLEE'S TOY CLOSET:
Toothbrushes, toothpaste, socks, underwear, t-shirts and sweat pants, women's sanitary items, diapers and formula, cleansing wipes, pillows, sleeping bags, sheets, bottled water, pet food (dry and canned), pet beds and leashes.
Donations will be driven to Sacramento November 17.
GRIFFIN MATTRESS & FURNITURE:
Griffin Mattress and Furniture will take donations for mattresses and furniture to give to the victims of the Camp Fire who have lost everything. Also accepted will be like-new furniture and mattresses. Free pickup is available.
The event is Sunday, November 18 from 10AM-6PM at 1901 Silverada Boulevard in Reno. There will be music, hot dogs and drinks.
Harrah’s Reno is asking for the community’s help to fill a 53’ semi-trailer with supplies to be sent to Butte County. Harrah’s Reno is partnering up with Puliz Moving & Storage to deliver the donations to Camp Fire Victims.
Harrah’s volunteers will be collecting donations through Sunday, November 25 on the Plaza on Virginia Street at Harrah’s Reno. Donations can be accepted on the Plaza between 4pm and 7pm each day.
The following items will be gratefully accepted for donations:
New undergarments (socks & underwear)
Hygiene items (shampoo, soap, deodorant, tissue, toilet paper, lotion, toothpaste, shaving supplies, diapers, etc.)
New or gently used clothing. (Please no torn, worn, or dirty clothing items)
New toys for kids
REALTY EXECUTIVES NEVADA'S CHOICE:
Realty Executives Nevada's Choice is collecting pet supplies for the displaced animals of Paradise, CA.
Sought are donations of dog food, cat food, blankets, old sheets, pet toys or any other pet-related items to be dropped off at the office at 800 College Parkway, Carson City, NV 89706 between the hours of 9 AM and 5:30 PM through Friday, November 16, or Saturday, November 17 between the hours of 9 AM and 4 PM. You can also drop off supplies to the Gardnerville office at 1511 Highway 395. Donations will be delivered Sunday.
SCRAPS DOG COMPANY:
SIERRA ACADEMY OF STYLE BEAUTY SCHOOL:
The school is at 1851 S. Roop Street in Carson City.
SPARKS FIRE DEPARTMENT (NO LONGER TAKING DONATIONS)
TRUCKEE MEADOWS FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT:
The Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District (TMFPD) was collecting goods for donation, but now says, "Due to the tremendous and overwhelming response from our community, we can no longer store all the items that have been donated at our fire stations to the victims of the #CampFire and at this time, asking solely for gift cards that victims can use for groceries, supplies, dining, and other necessities. Please provide by 11/21, from 8am to 5pm, at one of the noted #TMFPD Fire Stations. Items and gift cards will be delivered next week.
-TMFPD Station #33, (Foothill) 470 Foothill Road, Reno
-TMFPD Station #36, (Arrowcreek) 13500 Thomas Creek Road, Reno
-TMFPD Station #37 (Hidden Valley), 3255 Hidden Valley Drive, Reno
-TMFPD Station #46 (Spanish Springs), 500 Rockwell Blvd, Spanish Springs
WILLIAM JASKER FARMERS INSURANCE:
Veterans are working to organize support for the victims of the Camp Fire in Butte County, in Northern California.
William Jaskar Agency Farmers Insurance, Ember Defense, and U-Haul's South Reno location are involved in the effort, the latter donating U-Hauls.
Drop-off location for donations is Farmers Insurance at 15 Foothill Road, STE 5 Reno (in the South Creek Plaza).
Collection times are Tuesday through Friday 8:30a-5:30p. Call the office at 775-683-3001 to schedule after-hours donations. Goods will be delivered Saturday, November 17.
List of desired items:
• The Butte County Fairgrounds in Gridley needs these donations: New towels, and new clothing in all sizes, including shoes, undergarments, sweatshirts and bras. They do not currently need food or water.
• The Yuba-Sutter Fairgrounds in Yuba City are in need of pet food and supplies (collars, leashes), cat litter, food bowls for animals and hay for livestock. These can be dropped off at the livestock area of the fairgrounds.
• The Yuba-Sutter Habitat For Humanity in Marysville is accepting material donations like clothing and shoes. Address: 202 D St., Marysville, CA 95901
• The Sutter Fire Department is taking donations of paper cups, paper plates, paper towels, animal food, new jackets, new coats, and bottled water. Address: 2340 California St., Sutter, CA 95982