Advertisement

Hoverboard battery explodes, causing Gardnerville apartment fire

(KOLO)
Published: Mar. 31, 2016 at 3:29 PM PDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A Gardnerville family of seven was displaced by fire after a hoverboard lithium battery exploded and started a fire in a living room, East Fork Fire Protection District Capt. Terry Taylor said.

The fire department got a call for a fire Thursday at 12:45 p.m. for a fire at 1353 El Dorado Drive. unit C. There were three adults and four children, including one infant, in the home.

Fire crews arrived and upgraded it to a second alarm to get additional help because the fire was threatening neighboring units, Taylor said.

Ultimately just one unit was affected, Taylor said. The American Red Cross was heading to Gardnerville to help the family who was displaced.