Cause determined for Golden Valley garage fire

By  | 
View Map

GOLDEN VALLEY, Nev. (KOLO) - Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District says a garage fire in Golden Valley was accidental and likely caused by an electrical charger.

The fire on Sun Cloud Circle, reported about noon December 18, 2018, caused extensive damage to everything inside the metal detached garage, and didn't spread to surrounding structures. No one was hurt.

Reno and Sparks Fire crews helped fight the fire, which took about 45 minutes to put out, according to Truckee Meadows Fire. Because there is no hydrant nearby, a hose was stretched about half a mile to get to the fire.


Photo courtesy TMFPD