Gas shut off after leak at Reno apartment complex

By  | 
View Map

RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - Residents of 24 units were evacuated from an apartment complex after a gas leak Friday afternoon, but have been allowed back in.

NV Energy and Reno Fire were called about 2:21PM February 23, 2018 to the complex at 2050 Longley Lane. A contractor crew working on a sewer system had hit a gas line.

Gas was shut off and the line repaired. NV Energy then went into each unit to relight pilot lights.

Reno Fire encourages diggers to call 811 to find out where gas lines are before they start their projects.