Garage, vehicle fire leave Sparks home uninhabitable

By  | 
View Map

SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO)-- A west Sparks home is not inhabitable after an early Saturday garage and vehicle fire, the Sparks Fire Department reported.

Firefighters responded to the 1900 block of K Street about 2:40 a.m. and found the garage and the vehicle on fire. Crews put out the fire but damage was so extensive the house was not inhabitable.

The fire department did not say how many people were displaced by the fire, but said the American Red Cross responded to help. There were no injuries.

The cause of the fire has not been determined.

Seventeen fire personnel responded to the fire.