LOCKWOOD, Nev. (KOLO)-- The Storey County Fire Protection District took about four hours to put out a 10,000-square-foot fire at the Lockwood Dump Sunday morning.
The fire seems to have been caused by spontaneous combustion, Storey County Manager Pat Whitten said.
The Storey County Fire Protection District got the call for the fire at 4:39 a.m. March 25, 2018, and the fire was considered extinguished at 8:24 a.m.
Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and the Sparks Fire Department assisted.
The fire was never in danger of burning outside the landfill, Whitten said.