Fire in east Sparks held to garage
The Sparks Fire Department was able to keep an east Sparks fire contained to a garage early Sunday and kept it from spreading to the home.
Firefighters responded to the home in the 1600 block of O’Malley Drive near East Prater Way and Sparks Boulevard a about 4:26 a.m. When they arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the garage. They quickly extinguished the fire and the home had only minor smoke damage.
The people who lived there safely evacuated. Two cats inside the home were reunited with the owners.
Four fire engines, one fire truck and other responded for a total of 17 fire personnel on the incident.