Fire displaces residents of 20 Sparks apartments

By  | 
View Map

SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO) - The Sparks Fire Department is investigating a small fire that caused enough electrical damage to keep residents of 20 apartment units away from their homes. The American Red Cross is helping those residents with temporary lodging.

The scene of a fire on 15th Street in Sparks. Photo by Abel Garcia/KOLO.

Crews were called to the fire on the 1100 block of 15th Street about 1PM November 28, 2018. They found light smoke coming from a second story balcony. The fire spread to all three floors of the building, causing what firefighters say is moderate damage.

No injuries have been reported and no cause has been established.