Family displaced Sunday by house fire in Sparks

Sparks Fire Department logo.
By  | 
View Map

SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO)-- A family of eight and their pets were displaced by a fire early Sunday in Sparks.

The Sparks Fire Department received the call of the fire near 4th and L streets at around 3 a.m. September 24, 2017. Firefighters found someone left on a barbecue on an outside deck and it burned the deck, up a wall and into the attic.

The home’s occupants found the fire and tried to extinguish it with a garden hose. There was fire damage in the attic and smoke and water damage throughout the home, the fire department said.

The fire was determined to be accidental. No one was injured. The family had a place to go so the American Red Cross was not needed.