CARSON CITY, NV (KOLO) - The Carson City Range Task Force will consider a proposal at its meeting Wednesday, August 7, 2019, to start charging fees for the use of the Carson Rifle and Pistol Range.
Until now, shooters have been able to use the facility free of charge. Hours at the range have been significantly curtailed while Carson City considers how to better prevent bullets from being fired beyond the range perimeter.
Under the proposal, any fees raised at the gun range would be used to support "operations, maintenance, and improvements to the range."
The proposed fee schedule will have different rates for Carson City residents and out-of-county residents.
- $5 per shooter per day for Carson City residents
- $10 per shooter per day for out-of-county residents
- Free for governmental users (law enforcement or military)
- Youth: $50 for Carson City residents, $100 for out-of-county residents
- Adults $75 for Carson City residents, $150 for out-of-county residents
The meeting will take place at 1:15PM in the Sierra Room at the Carson City Community Center at 851 East William Street.
Copyright KOLO-TV 2019