RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - The Children’s Cabinet is collecting books for its Redfield Academy high school library. The Northern Nevada community is asked to donate any of the following titles (new or gently used) — and/or ANY young adult novels that would be appropriate for high school readers.
• Lord of The Flies by William Golding
• Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
• The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
• There There by Tommy Orange
• The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
• Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
• Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
• Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
• 1984 by George Orwell
• Does my Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah
Bookstore gift cards (Sundance, Grassroots, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.) are also appreciated for the Redfield Academy, Children’s Cabinet, 777 Sinclair Street in Reno. Donations are accepted Mondays between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Deadline was planned for January 4, 2019, but is now open-ended.
As part of the Children’s Cabinet’s focus on the whole family, it created the Redfield Academy, which provides Washoe County students at risk of dropping out of high school with the opportunity to recover credits and work toward graduation. For more information, click here/.