RENO, NV - The city of Reno has already opened the Idlewild pool
for the 2015 season, but there is still plenty of work to be done. The public is invited to Adopt-A-Pool Saturday May 30th from 10AM-1PM.
NV Energy will sponsor the event, providing water, sports drinks and snacks. All you need to take is a few tools you may have: rakes, gardening equipment for planting, covered shoes that can get wet and most of all, your willingness to help the aquatics community.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
· Restring lane lines to be used at Traner (We need volunteers to bring wire cutters and pliers)
· Remove weeds, rake and plant flowers in pool deck planter beds (please bring hand trowels to plant with)
· Weed removal in playground adjacent to pool
· Till and edge sand volleyball court
· Sweep out storage cage
· Clean out office area and counters and deep clean locker rooms
· Hose and squeegee bath house/pool deck, clean windows, cleaning out getter drains,
· Sweep entrance and parking lot
· Pick up trash around perimeter of pool along fence line and in bushes as well as sweep out the gutters in the parking lot.