Late-night fire under investigation in Sparks
SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO) - A house fire is under investigation in Sparks. The fire broke out around 11:50 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 14 in the 100 block of East I Street.
According to Sparks fire chief Derek Keller, the fire was reported by a passerby, who said the entire house was engulfed in flames. Five engines and 21 personnel arrived at the house within 5 minutes to find only the attached side-garage fully engulfed.
The fire was under control within an hour and contained to the garage, but the house did suffer heat damage. Crews were on-scene overnight performing mop-up.
NV Energy was also called to the scene. NV Energy said a power line towards the back of the house came down because of the fire.
Keller also said the house was believed to be vacant and the cause of the fire is not suspicious at this time. Further inspection will be made by the fire investigator.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2022 KOLO. All rights reserved.