Five people displaced in late-night house fire in Sparks
SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO) - A house fire is under investigation in Sparks that displaced five people on Tuesday. It happened at a home on S. 19th Street near Pacific Avenue.
Sparks Fire was called to the scene just before 10 p.m. after a 911 call was made reporting the smell of smoke. Crews arrived to find flames spreading through the attic. According to Battalion Chief Derek Keller, the structure sustained heavy fire and water damage, and was deemed uninhabitable.
The family is now reportedly staying with family and Red Cross was not employed to assist. The cause is being determined, though evidence indicates it could have been electric-related.
Copyright 2022 KOLO. All rights reserved.