Advertisement

South Reno apartment fire blamed on grease

RFD investigates an apartment fire at The Village at Iron Blossom.
RFD investigates an apartment fire at The Village at Iron Blossom.(KOLO/Dan Pyke)
Published: Oct. 19, 2021 at 9:28 PM PDT|Updated: Oct. 20, 2021 at 11:41 AM PDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - UPDATE 11:35 A.M. The Reno Fire Department says grease ignited on a stove top, causing an apartment fire Tuesday night.

The fire was limited to the one apartment, but it caused extensive damage to the kitchen and living room.

The occupant was able to get out, but did suffer a minor burn injury.

The Reno Fire Department says cooking is the number one cause of fires in the United States.

Copyright 2021 KOLO. All rights reserved.