Resources for Caldor Fire evacuees
RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - The following is a list of resources for evacuees of the Caldor Fire including evacuation shelters, transportation and lodging:
Truckee Veterans Hall - 10214 High Street, Truckee
Reno-Sparks Convention Center - 4590 S. Virginia St., Reno
*Evacuees are being moved here from the Douglas County Community and Senior Center to prepare for more evacuations. Read more here.
Pro Tech RV Services - 13 Affonso Dr, Mound House, (775) 246-7588. Room for about 50 people with RVs who are victims of the fires.
Carson City Community Center - 851 E William St, Carson City, 89701 - FULL
Douglas County Community and Senior Center - FULL
Fuji Park - 601 Old Clear Creek Rd, Carson City, 89701- FULL
EL DORADO COUNTY SHELTERS
Green Valley Community Church, 3500 Missouri Flat Road, Placerville, CA
Cameron Park CSD2502 Country Club Drive, Cameron Park, CA
Rolling Hills Church, 800 White Rock Road, El Dorado Hills, CA
AMADOR COUNTY SHELTER
Temporary Evacuation Point - Italian Picnic Grounds in Sutter Creek 581 Hwy 49 Sutter Creek, CA 95685
ANIMAL EVACUATION CENTERS:
- Douglas County Animal Services (small animal) 921 Dump Road, Gardnerville (775) 782-9061
- East to West Coast Grooming, 1368 Hwy 395, Unit B1, Gardnerville (775) 450-1743
- Douglas County Animal Services (livestock) Douglas County Fairgrounds, 920 Dump Road, Gardnerville (775) 782-9061
- Dayton Rodeo Event Center (capacity 150 RVs for dry camping and a limited number of large animals) – 500 Schaad Ln, Dayton
- Lyon County Fairgrounds (capacity 200 RVs for dry camping and large animals) – 100 US Highway 95A East, Yerington
- A Plus Animal Hospital - 7450 Longley Lane, Reno, 775-852-4300
EL DORADO COUNTY
- El Dorado County Animal Services (small animals) 6435 Capitol Ave. Diamond Springs, CA
For animal evacuation questions or assistance call (530) 621-5795
- Saureel Vineyards (large animals) FULL - 1140 Cold Springs Road, Placerville, CA (530) 621-5795
- South County Large Animal Rescue (SCLAR)Amador County Fairgrounds (large and farm animals) El Dorado County residents only18621 Sherwood Street, Plymouth, CA
- Amador County Animal Response Team - ACART Amador County Fairgrounds (large and small animals)18621 Sherwood Street, Plymouth, CA. For Amador County residents only (209) 257-9444
- Italian Picnic Grounds in Sutter Creek - Temporary Evacuation Point, 581 Hwy 49, Sutter Creek, CA 95685
LYON COUNTY ASSISTING WITH RECREATIONAL VEHICLES
Lyon County is working with the Nevada Division of Emergency Management to assist with the Evacuation efforts of South Lake Tahoe residents due to the Caldor Fire. Lyon County is not, at this time, opening a shelter. Lyon County is preparing to offer assistance as follows:
Dayton Event Center/Rodeo Grounds
Lyon County has room for 100- 150 recreational vehicles. The address is 500 Schaad Lane in Dayton.
Lyon County Fair Grounds
Lyon County has room for 200 plus recreational vehicles. Lyon County can also house large animals at the fairgrounds. The address is 100 95A East in Yerington.
BOTH FACILITIES ARE DRY CAMP ONLY. Lyon County can provide water but there are no connections.
The Tahoe Transportation District announced it is immediately redirecting its transit services to assist with evacuation orders throughout South Lake Tahoe.
Routes 19X and 22, which service the Carson Valley, are re-routed to evacuation services linking evacuees with the Stateline Transit Center. Routes 50 and 55, which circulate throughout South Lake Tahoe, will continue to operate and bring evacuees from the City of South Lake Tahoe to the Stateline Transit Center. If you need transportation and are not near Routes 50 or 55, please call 911.
For more information, visit TahoeTransportation.org.
Boomtown Casino - 2100 Garson Road, Verdi, call 1-866-553-8360 or email Boomtown@btreno.com for reservations
Offering 50 percent room rates for any Caldor Fire evacuees
Peppermill Resort Hotel - 2707 S Virginia St, Reno, (800) 648-6992
Offering 20 percent off room rates and resort fees waived for evacuees with proof of residence.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa - 3800 S Virginia St, Reno, (775) 825-4700
Offering $79 room rate and resort fees waived
Our former KOLOCares Pillar Partner, FISH (Friends in Service Helping) is offering meals to fire evacuees at their Family Dining Room, in addition to showers and laundry. They are located at 138 E. Long St. in Carson City.
Fuentes Restaurant and Cantina - 1665 Lucerne St. in Minden, (775) 392-4265. Serving free breakfast, lunch and dinner to evacuees starting at 9 a.m. every day.
Fresh & Clean - 1302 Langley Dr. Suite 6 Gardnerville
Through Sept. 9, the laundromat will provide one free 20lb washing and drying to wildfire evacuees from 8am-2pm and will resume from 3pm-5pm. I.D. Required
Nevada Resilience Project - offering support to families and individuals experiencing struggles and challenges due to the Caldor Fire. Resilience Ambassadors provide education, information, counseling, and resource navigation while promoting healthy coping, empowerment, and resilience. Ambassadors can provide support and connection to resources over the phone, through text and video-chat, or face to face.
1 (800) 273-8255 or text: CARE to 839863
For an evacuation checklist and preparation, click here.
Visit the following sites for the latest advisory information:
- Inciweb https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7801/
- Eldorado County Caldor Fire Website: https://www.edcgov.us/Pages/Caldor-Fire.aspx
- CAL FIRE Daily YouTube Updates for the most up-to-date information at 7:00AM daily.
- CAL FIRE Daily Community Zoom Meetings to join updates conducted by CAL FIRE
- Douglas County Nevada Caldor Fire webpage: https://www.douglascountynv.gov/government/departments/emergency_management/current_emergencies/caldor_fire
WANT TO HELP?
Washoe County Emergency Management (WCEM)
A regional program that plans, prepares, mitigates, responds, and recovers together as a whole community.
If you are interested in helping, click here for ways to volunteer and donate.
American Red Cross
Questions from the public regarding Carson City evacuation sites, donations or volunteering can be directed to: 1-800-RED CROSS or 855-755-7711. The Red Cross would prefer volunteers fill out the online form here.
Nevada Humane Society
On Sunday, September 5th, both the Reno and Carson Nevada Humane Society shelters will be serving as donation drop-off centers, collecting much-needed pet food and supplies from the community for the pets of people who have been displaced by the Caldor and Dixie fires.
The items that are needed most urgently are listed below:
- Small bags of cat food
- Medium and large wire crates
- Pet food bowls
- Cat litter
- Disposable cat litter trays
For more information, click here.
Copyright 2021 KOLO. All rights reserved.