- Nevada senior guard Deonte Burton has been named Mountain West Men's Basketball Player of the Week for games played through Saturday, March 8. It is the fourth career MW weekly accolade for Burton.
- The University of Nevada (6-9, 3-6 MW) baseball team was shutout for the first time this season falling 3-0 at San Diego State (11-4, 4-2 MW) in the final game of a three-game Mountain West series at Tony Gywnn Stadium on Sunday afternoon. The Wolf Pack lost two of the three games in the series and is 6-9 overall and 3-6 in MW play. The Aztecs improved to 11-4 and 4-2 in conference action.
- Prior to the start of this week’s 2014 Reese’s Mountain West Women’s Basketball Championships, the conference announced its All-MW and individual award winners with a few members of the Nevada women’s basketball team receiving honors.
- The Nevada softball team got six strong innings from McKenna Isenberg and three RBI from Nikki Orozco as the Wolf Pack shut out Seattle 6-0 on Sunday to close out play in the Nevada Classic.
- Cole Huff drilled a jumper with 33 seconds left to play as Nevada erased a 17-point second deficit and knocked off UNLV, 76-72 Saturday night and claim the No. 3 seed and a first-round bye in next week's Mountain West Conference tournament.
- A valiant comeback effort in the second half by the Nevada women’s basketball team was not enough to top rival UNLV Friday night at Cox Pavilion, falling 80-68 in a Governor’s Series’ contest.