COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Nevada senior guard Deonte Burton has been named Mountain West Men's Basketball Player of the Week for games played through Saturday, March 8. It is the fourth career MW weekly accolade for Burton.
MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Deonte Burton, NEVADA
Senior, Guard, Los Angeles, Calif. / Compton HS
• Averaged 24.5 points, 9.5 assists, seven rebounds and one block per game as Nevada posted a 2-0 record in the final week of regular-season play.
• Averaged 43.5 minutes per game while shooting 47.2 percent (17-of-36) from the field, including 33.3 percent (3-of-9) from 3-point range, and converted 92.3 percent (12-of-13) of his free throws.
• In a March 5 win at Boise State, scored 25 points, grabbed six rebounds and dished out eight assists while playing all 50 minutes of the Wolf Pack's 83-81 double overtime victory.
• Nineteen of his 25 points came after the break, including 11 in the two overtime periods. Accounted for three points in the first overtime and eight of Nevada's 14 points in the second extra session. His first basket in the second overtime put the Pack on top to stay, 71-69.
• In Saturday's 76-72 victory against UNLV, he registered a double-double with game-highs of 24 points and 11 assists while leading the Pack back from a 17-point second-half deficit.
• Also contributed eight rebounds, matching a career-high in both boards and assists in 37 minutes of play.
Burton's basket with 3:07 to play put the Pack up 72-70 and they did not trail the rest of the game. Scored 16 of his 24 points in the second half, including six of Nevada's final 13.