November 28, 2014
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - One of the former owners of Kentucky Motor Speedway says he won't be bullied into dropping an antitrust lawsuit against NASCAR by new track owner Bruton Smith.
Richard Duchossios said Thursday he's not sure why Smith has decided to go public with claims that the former owners have a "moral obligation" to race fans in Kentucky to drop the four-year-old lawsuit against NASCAR and International Speedway Corp.
Duchossios and his fellow owners sold the track to Smith last year and gave Smith the option of purchasing the lawsuit. Smith declined and the case remains on appeal.
Smith has asked NASCAR to give the 1.5-mile tri-oval in northern Kentucky a date on the 2010 Sprint Cup schedule, but believes the track will not receive a Cup race as long as the antitrust case remains active.