December 22, 2014
The owner of the Los Angeles Galaxy says he's rejected AC Milan's initial offer for David Beckham. He wants the Italian club to make a higher bid or the English midfielder will return to Los Angeles next month.
The decision by the MLS team was first reported by the Los
Angeles Times on Friday and confirmed by team owner AEG.
AEG chief executive Tim Leiweke told the Times he would not
consider an extended loan to Milan for the 33-year-old star.
Beckham is halfway through a two-month loan and said last week he
wants to stay with the team.
Leiweke said that if no deal is reached, Beckham has agreed to
fulfill his contract with the Galaxy.