PORTLAND, Ore. – Managers Randy Ready and Rick Sweet today announced their starting lineups for Wednesday’s Triple-A All-Star Game to be held at PGE Park.
Ready tabbed PCL ERA leader Bud Norris (3-8, 2.46) of the Round Rock Express to start for his Pacific Coast League squad. Norris will be supported by some of the league’s top bats, including Colorado Springs leadoff hitter Eric Young, Jr., who leads all minor leaguers with 48 stolen bases, and minor league RBI leader Randy Ruiz of Las Vegas, who will bat fourth and play first base.
International League skipper Rick Sweet chose Justin Lehr (11-3, 3.51), who pitches for Sweet’s Louisville squad, to start for the IL. Lehr, who leads Triple-A in wins, earns his second Triple-A All-Star starting nod in three years, having started the 2007 game as a member of the Tacoma Rainiers.
The Colorado Springs Sky Sox feature a trio of All-Stars in the PCL starting lineup, with designated hitter Matt Murton and left fielder Matt Miller joining Young. Nashville Sounds top prospect Alcides Escobar and teammate Brendan Katin, second in the league in RBIs, will also start for the Pacific Coast League side.
Shelley Duncan, the runner-up in Monday’s Home Run Derby at PGE Park, highlights a talented IL starting lineup. Duncan, who leads the IL with 21 home runs for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees this season, will bat fourth and man left field after his impressive showing in Monday’s derby.
PACIFIC COAST LEAGUE LINEUP
1. Eric Young, Jr. (Colorado Springs), 2B
2. Alcides Escobar (Nashville), SS
3. Matt Murton (Colorado Springs), DH
4. Randy Ruiz (Las Vegas), 1B
5. Terry Evans (Salt Lake), CF
6. Matt Miller (Colorado Springs), LF
7. Chris Robinson (Iowa), C
8. Brendan Katin (Nashville), RF
9. Esteban German (Oklahoma City), 3B
Starting Pitcher: Bud Norris, Round Rock
INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE LINEUP
1. Austin Jackson (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre), CF
2. Drew Stubbs (Louisville), RF
3. Andy Tracy (Lehigh Valley), DH
4. Shelley Duncan (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre), LF
5. Barbaro Canizares (Gwinnett), 1B
6. Mike Cervenak (Lehigh Valley), 3B
7. Seth Bynum (Syracuse), 2B
8. Erik Kratz (Indianapolis), C
9. Reid Brignac (Durham), SS
Starting Pitcher: Justin Lehr (Louisville)