KOLO Local News Headlines
Wednesday Morning Weather
Updated: 6:41 AM
- Winds will pick up this afternoon with gusts between 30-40 mph. Red Flag Warnings will be in effect from 1pm-9pm. A cooling trend starts tomorrow with temperatures struggling to even make it into the 70s by Saturday.
Woman Found Dead in Home and Man Barricaded Inside
- MINDEN, NV – At approximately 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Douglas County Deputies responded to the 1400 block of Edlesborough Circle for a suspicious circumstance report.
First Presidential Candidate To Visit Yerington
- Republican candidate Marco Rubio spoke to a crowd at the Pioneer Crossing Casino.
The Lodge Location For A Medical Marijuana Shop
- A controversial medical marijuana dispensary is planning on setting up shop at a new location. The dispensary met with much opposition earlier this summer when the license owner planned to build near Galena High School.
City of Reno Sets Stage For The Future
- City of Reno Manager Andrew Clinger, Mayor Hillary Schieve and other members of the Reno City Council took part in the annual State of the City address Tuesday evening.
Google Unveiling New Logo
Posted: 2:19 AM
- Google is refining its famous logo as it prepares to become a part of a new holding company called Alphabet.
Push To Stop Hidden Aviation Fees
Posted: 2:17 AM
- A federal panel says airlines should clearly disclose the cost of change and cancellation fees, as well as the size of the plane's seats, before a passenger buys a ticket.
Pastor Has Passion For Pulpit & Kitchen
- Pastor Mitch Moore is readying a booth at the rib cookoff and preparing to open a restaurant just a door down from his church. Both require the help of his flock and an anonymous fan of his food.
Second Human West Nile Case Surfaces in Washoe County
- The second person in 2015 in Washoe County has tested positive for West Nile Virus (WNV). Health officials confirmed the information September 1, 2015. The patient, who lives in the Rosewood Lakes area of Reno, was hospitalized for several days with the neuroinvasive form of WNV.
Mackay Smoking Area to Stay Despite University Ban
- There will still be a designated smoking area at Mackay Stadium despite the university's tobacco ban.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com