KOLO Local News Headlines
RSCVA to Honor the History of the Blue Jean
19 mins ago
- The convention center will host a new event, the Blue Genes Jam, in October of 2015. It is by no accident the celebration is spelling jeans g-e-n-e-s because organizers feel the fashion is ingrained in Northern Nevada's DNA.
Thursday Web Weather
Posted: 6:25 PM
- Freezing temperatures are expected Thursday morning, as a cold dry airmass will settle in overnight. Many valley locations in western Nevada will dip into the low 30s, with a few spots briefly dropping into the upper 20s. While a widespread hard freeze is not expected, gardeners take note! As high pressure builds over the west coast through the weekend, expect a warming trend, especially during the afternoons. Western Nevada valley floors will warm into the low to mid 80s by Saturday, with 70s back in the forecast for Lake Tahoe. No measurable precipitation is expected in the region for at least the next 7 days. -Jeff
Students Explore Manufacturing Jobs
Posted: 6:36 PM
- Auto and Metal Shop Students at WCSD High Schools are touring manufacturing facilities this week.
Flight Operations at Chicago Airports Improving
Posted: 6:00 PM
- The Federal Aviation Administration says that despite the sabotage last week at a suburban Chicago air traffic control center, air traffic controllers managed more operations at O'Hare International Airport on Tuesday than at any other airport.
Lassen County Vet Murder, Unsolved, Reward Offered
Updated: 6:21 PM
- Three months after Dr. Richard Meinert's body was discovered at his veterinary office in Janesville, California, his murder remains unsolved. Secret Witness has now posted a $2500 reward for information leading to arrest and prosecution.
RFD In The Pink
Updated: 6:20 PM
- Many of us here at KOLO 8 News Now are wearing pink to bring awareness to breast cancer. But we aren't the only team raising awareness of this leading cancer killer among women. Reno Fire Fighters are getting into the pink and asking the community to join them.
Vegas Again Postpones Vote On Pro Soccer Stadium
Posted: 4:52 PM
- Las Vegas City Council members postponed until December voting on a plan to float $50 million in bonds for a proposed $200 million downtown soccer stadium.
Local Farms Celebrating Nevada's 150th Birthday With Corn Mazes
Updated: 4:40 PM
- In celebration of Nevada's 150th Anniversary of Statehood, several locally owned farms have transformed their corn fields into intricate Sesquicentennial themed corn mazes.
Joe Biden Set To Visit Las Vegas on Monday
Posted: 3:05 PM
- White House officials say Vice President Joe Biden will be visiting Las Vegas next week for an event on the economy.
Sandoval To Chair Education Committee
Posted: 1:44 PM
- The National Governors Association has selected Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval to serve as chairman of its Education and Workforce Committee.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com