KOLO Local News Headlines
Women Arrested On Battery, Destruction Of Property Charges
Updated: 8:55 PM
- A woman in her 20's barricaded herself in a home on Prospect Avenue in Sparks after a fight with her mother.
Wednesday Web Weather Forecast
Updated: 6:20 PM
- High pressure will build out of the Desert Southwest and eastern Pacific to dominate our weather through the next week or so. With a weak, easterly wind in place, most of the wildfire smoke will stay west of the Sierra Crest through Wednesday. Beyond that, wind will lighten and the flow will transition to southerly by the end of the work week. Moisture will increase in this pattern, allowing thunderstorms to develop in the heat of the afternoons starting on Friday (Thursday in the Sierra). High temperatures will peak around 100 for western Nevada on Thursday and Friday, and then cool a bit with the increasing daily chance of storms. -Jeff
Impact Of Lifting The Ban On Adult Gay Scout Leaders Uncertain
Posted: 5:35 PM
- Local Boy Scout executives say it's unclear what the impact will be of the national organization's decision to lift its ban on openly gay adult scout leaders.
Bean Convicted of Murder in Lyon County
Updated: 6:46 PM
- Jeremiah Bean has been found guilty of first-degree murder in the 2013 deaths of five people, plus seven additional charges including arson, robbery and burglary.
Reno Police Seeing Increasing Number of IRS Scam Calls
Updated: 3:29 PM
- Over the last several weeks, Reno police dispatchers have received a large volume of calls from people who have been receiving fake calls from IRS agents.
Two Charged With Open Murder in Fight That Caused Man's Death
Posted: 1:46 PM
- Two men have been charged with open murder, now that an autopsy has confirmed a man's death was caused by being beaten.
RTC Shutting Down Route 2 at Night Because of Shootings
Updated: 3:24 PM
- The Regional Transportation Commission will discontinue route 2 each night beginning at 7 during the investigation into shootings of windows of RTC buses.
NDOT Builds New Sidewalks at Elementary Schools
Posted: 2:46 PM
- The Nevada Department of Transportation has completed a project to construct sidewalks and pedestrian crosswalks at five elementary schools in Washoe County.
Expect USA Parkway Closures Tuesday Night
Updated: 4:11 PM
- Ramp closures will be in place on I-80 at the USA Parkway and Derby Dam interchanges from 10PM Tuesday until 4AM Wednesday.
Small Swarm of Quakes Hits Northern Nevada
Posted: 9:06 AM
- Seismologists at the University of Nevada, Reno are reporting at least five small earthquakes early Tuesday.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com