KOLO Local News Headlines
Burglar-Proofing Your Home While You're Away
Posted: 12:12 AM
- Every time you leave home, for a spring break vacation, your home is vulnerable to burglars. There are simple tricks to help keep them away.
Uber Makes A Case To Do Business in Nevada Again
- SB 440 and SB 439 would provide guidelines for the ride-sharing app in Nevada. Transportation companies want Uber to follow the same laws they do.
Free Dumping This Weekend From Waste Management
- This Saturday, April 4 and Sunday April 5, Waste Management is offering free dumping of household items to area residents in an effort to curb illegal dumping.
Mother Of Slain Woman Still Waiting 36 Years Later
- The mother of a young woman found murdered north of Reno 36 years ago still waits for answers.
Tuesday Web Weather
- Changes are coming to our weather world. A trough of low pressure will move into the region from the eastern Pacific on Tuesday. Expect a breezy day, with much cooler temperatures by afternoon. Another cold front will sweep through by late Wednesday. This will give us a chance of showers and keep windy, unsettled conditions in the forecast. For most of the week, valley highs will only be in the 50s, and low temperatures will dip down to, or slightly below, freezing by Thursday morning. Cloud cover may muddy the total lunar eclipse early Saturday morning. Easter Weekend will stay on the unsettled side. Expect a chance of showers on Sunday. -Jeff
RPD Asks Help Finding Aggressive Car Thieves
- A woman's car stolen right out of her driveway. And now she says the thieves continue to victimize, harass and taunt her. Police say with phone calls and surveillance, they have a person of interest.
Surveillance Photos of Incline Village Armed Robbery Suspect Released
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office has released surveillance photos of an armed robbery suspect who robbed a pharmacy in Incline Village last Tuesday.
Endangered Bighorn Sheep Make Way To Sierra
- Wildlife officials say bighorn sheep have been relocated to their ancestral range in the Sierra Nevada, putting the endangered animal on a path to recovery.
Underage Drinking Bill Tied To Medical Emergencies
- Nevada lawmakers are set to review a bill allowing underage drinkers to safely report alcohol-involved medical emergencies.
Spring Break Camps at the Discovery Museum
- The Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum (The Discovery) will be hosting week long camps during the Washoe County School District's Spring Break, March 30 through April 10.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com