December 18, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Authorities have identified a 66-year-old woman who died in a two-alarm Las Vegas apartment blaze as Carol Sue Klasell.
The Clark County coroner reported Tuesday that Klasell died Friday evening of carbon monoxide intoxication and smoke inhalation.
Las Vegas fire investigators say careless smoking couldn't be ruled out in the fire a at the Sunrise Gardens apartments near Valley View Boulevard and Sahara Avenue.
Authorities say another woman was treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Investigators found the fire started on a couch in a common living room area of a four-unit quad apartment.
It caused extensive damage upstairs and moderate damage to four units downstairs.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.