WWII Vet Suing Vegas Police for Excessive Force

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) - A Nevada veteran of World War II is suing Metro Police in Las Vegas after he says they handcuffed him and slammed him to the ground in an apparent mix-up over a call to the city's non-emergency 311 line.

George Pappas told KLAS-TV he and his wife were surprised when police knocked on their door the evening of March 18. The officers said they had been dispatched because someone called 311.

Pappas says in a lawsuit filed in federal court the officer demanded to speak to his wife but he told the officer she was too sick to see him. Pappas says that's when he was slammed to the ground and handcuffed for no apparent reason.

Pappas was released after a few hours in custody. No charges were filed.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 206196311 - kolotv.com/a?a=206196311
Gray Television, Inc.