September 18, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A downtown Las Vegas fire injured a firefighter
and displaced 10 people when a guest house and motor home were
destroyed by the blaze.
The firefighter was injured by a nail that went through his boot
while working on the fire Monday night.
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanski says it took
firefighters about 30 minutes to contain the blaze. Firefighters
responded at about 11:21 p.m.
The Las Vegas Sun reports that it's estimated the fire caused $75,000 in damages. Investigators say it started by an unattended stove in the guest home.
Six adults and four children affected by the fire are receiving
aid from the Red Cross.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.