September 18, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Officials say the nearly 1,200-foot-tall Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas was evacuated in the middle of the night after an electrical short triggered fire alarms.
Las Vegas firefighters say nobody was injured and damage was minimal in the incident that happened a little before 1 a.m. Wednesday.
Firefighters say smoke alarms started going off in the fifth level of the casino's famous tower, and maintenance personnel found a short in some wiring below the revolving Top of the World restaurant.
Maintenance workers used a fire extinguisher to get the situation under control, and officials say there was no fire to be found when emergency crews arrived.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.