LAS VEGAS (AP) - Fire investigators say a rooftop fire that sent smoke into upper floors of a Las Vegas Strip resort was caused by the malfunction of a cooling unit.
The fire atop the 36-story Treasure Island resort was quickly doused at about 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Medics checked 14 people at the scene, but Clark County spokeswoman Stacey Welling says no one was hospitalized and no
serious injuries were reported.
Fire officials found the malfunction was in a swamp cooler that uses evaporating water to cool air being drawn into the hotel.
The cause was ruled an accident.
Welling says firefighters could see smoke on the 36th floor after it was evacuated, and some smoke was detected on other floors.
Damage is estimated at about $20,000.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.