Popular Vegas Tapas Restaurant Shut Amid Outbreak

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) - One of the most popular restaurants in Las Vegas is closed after more than three dozen patrons reported food poisoning symptoms.

Southern Nevada Health District officials say the Firefly restaurant on Paradise Road was shuttered Friday and remains closed while health officials try to determine the source of the outbreak.

Health district official Amy Irani said 39 people who visited the tapas restaurant last week reported symptoms, and 10 said they sought medical attention. Symptoms included diarrhea and vomiting.

Firefly is a block from the Strip and is one of Las Vegas' most commonly reviewed and highest rated restaurants on the website Yelp.com. Irani said Firefly had an "A'' grade from the health department before the apparent outbreak.

A Firefly employee said the owner wasn't immediately available for comment Monday.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 205292941 - kolotv.com/a?a=205292941
Gray Television, Inc.