October 23, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - One of the most popular restaurants in Las Vegas is closed after more than three dozen patrons reported food poisoning symptoms.
Southern Nevada Health District officials say the Firefly restaurant on Paradise Road was shuttered Friday and remains closed while health officials try to determine the source of the outbreak.
Health district official Amy Irani said 39 people who visited the tapas restaurant last week reported symptoms, and 10 said they sought medical attention. Symptoms included diarrhea and vomiting.
Firefly is a block from the Strip and is one of Las Vegas' most commonly reviewed and highest rated restaurants on the website Yelp.com. Irani said Firefly had an "A'' grade from the health department before the apparent outbreak.
A Firefly employee said the owner wasn't immediately available for comment Monday.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.