Overheated Motor Prompted Excalibur Evacuation

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Officials are blaming an overheated ventilation motor in Las Vegas' Excalibur casino for a smoky smell and an evacuation in the wee hours of the morning.

MGM resorts spokesman Gordon Absher says one of the Las Vegas Strip casino's four towers was evacuated after alarms went off about 2 a.m. Tuesday. KTNV reports guests were allowed back in about 4 a.m.

Absher says there was no actual fire, but the smoke smell spread because it started in the ventilation system.

The spokesman says the machinery was nearly fixed a few hours later.

Absher says the company regrets that guests were inconvenienced in the middle of the night, but assures visitors that the casino has some of the most advanced fire prevention systems in the world.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 189849861 - kolotv.com/a?a=189849861
Gray Television, Inc.